Travel. California. USA.
Do you need to book a trip to refresh your knowledge?
California is one of the most well-known states in the US. A land where the sun shines all year round, making the state rich in natural products, that feed its residents and the rest of the country.
It is home to some of the most iconic cities in the world, as well as to gorgeous nature, so diverse that it includes a massive coastline, mountains, and desert.
California is the birth state of innovative technological inventions and a place where culture blossoms like nowhere else in the world.
How well do you know California? Let’s find out with the 15 questions below!
- Which city is California’s capital?
B. Los Angeles
C. San Francisco
D. San Diego
2. California is the most populous state in the US. How many people live there?
A. 29 million
B. 15 million
C. 40 million
D. 57 million
3. What is the state’s motto?
A. Take in the good
B. Carpe Diem
C. Veni, vidi, vici
4. What are California’s official flower and animal?
A. Poppy and bear
B. Lily and lynx
C. Daisy and fox
D. Rose and eagle
5. Sequoia National Park, located in the southern Sierra Nevada, is home to the world’s largest tree, with 102 feet in circumference. What is its name?
A. Captain Oak
B. General Sherman
C. Sargent Pepper
D. Private Green
6. California hosts the largest outdoor amphitheater in the United States. What is its name?
A. Red Rocks Amphitheater
B. Greek Valley
C. Hollywood Bowl
D. Ryman Auditorium
7. The first motion picture theater opened in Los Angeles on April 2 of which year?
8. Fresno, in San Joaquin Valley, proclaims itself to be the world’s capital of what?
A. Raisin capital of the world
B. Poppy capital of the world
C. Bear capital of the world
D. Artichoke capital of the world
9. California is home to one of the world’s most famous wine regions, growing more than 300,000 tons of grapes per year. What is its name?
A. Snake River Valley
B. Napa Valley
C. Finger Lakes
D. Willamette Valley
10. If California was a country, it would have the world’s 6th largest…
D. Life expectancy
11. California is located in a seismic area, having up to _______ earthquakes per year — however, most of them are minor, causing no damage!
12. The vegetarian lifestyle is common in California. Which percentage of the state’s population claims to be vegetarian?
13. The lowest point in the whole of the United States is located in California. What is its name?
A. Badwater Basin
B. Lake Erie
C. Belle Fourche River
D. Little River
14. The United States has 59 of these, out of which 9 are located in California. What are we talking about?
A. 4D movie theatres
B. Wild bear sanctuaries
D. National parks
15. What is California’s nickname?
A. Natural State
B. Gem State
C. Sunshine State
D. Golden State
Now, time for the answers! How well did you do? Here is how to analyze your results:
0–5 correct answers: you don’t know much about this state, do you? You need to visit California ASAP!
6–10 correct answers: you know some basic facts about California, but there is room to improve. How about booking a trip there sometime soon?
11–15 correct answers: you are a California pro! Congratulations!
1:A / 2:C / 3:C / 4:A / 5:B / 6:C / 7:B / 8:A / 9:B / 10:A / 11:C / 12:B / 13:A / 14:D / 15:D
Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed with up-to-date curations from our editors:👇
We now offer exclusive writing services for our members. Discover how you can take advantage of our editing services and more.